October 09, 2010

A Ransomed Love...

Garima and I had just met. It was our first year in engineering and we were roommates. For a few months we were staying in a facility outside the college premises and I remember walking down the road late in the evening, I think we were going for dinner, talking about men and romance novels. I sighed and oohed, at 18 I used to naively dream about prince charmings and perfect men.


Garima, never the one to shy away from pointing out when I am being stupid, said, "Why would a perfect guy fall in love with you? Are you perfect?"


And I remember saying something like, "I know. Why would he indeed? I am not perfect, far from it, but I am trying." Naive again, yes?


At 26, I know this much. There is no perfect someone and that I can not be perfect, that I will never be perfect. I am flawed and will remain so. I don't want a prince charming either.


What I am looking for is someone who has the same bunch of dreams as I do. Life would be perfect then (erm, I am still hankering after perfect).


And I do realize that it would be easier to find prince charming instead.

No comments: