October 24, 2010

A Cinderella Dream...

Sometimes I wish I was one of those million girls, simple. Who wanted nothing extraordinary from life. A simple girl who could fall in love with a simple guy, have an ordinary career, get married, have kids and raise them to be good citizens and lead a simple undramatic uncluttered uncomplicated life. Yes, sometimes I wish for mundane. Sometimes I wish that simple, common, ordinary made me happy. Sometimes I wish I didn't expect so much from life, from people, from herself. Cause you see, I fail at times. Miserably. Life does too. People around me disappoint from time to time. But I still continue wishing for more.


Sometimes I wish I wasn't as complicated as I have made myself. I have a habit of complicating even the simplest of things. Sometimes I wish I could settle. That I didn't crave for exrtaordinary. That I didn't want the greatest love, most extraordinary people in my life. That I didn't want to save the world. That I didn't want to make a difference. That I didn't have these high standards for myself that I fail to live upto most of the time. Root of my misery really.


And I have tried. I have tried to be simple. I have tried to blend myself in the sea of common. But the thing is, once you know there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, sunshine just doesn't cut it. Once you peer into the wishing well and see all the wonderful toys out there,  you can not go back to wanting plain ordinary from life.


The curse of the know?

No comments: