October 14, 2010

An Empty Night...

I have started to believe that the only reason women get married is so that they can have someone permanent whom they can bitch and whine to about the day. And for that unparalleled pleasure, they will even take the trouble of making a delicious meal so that the husband just shuts up and eats and the woman gets her uninterrupted 1 hour to simply jabber.

I really do.

Cause anyone who has seen two girls talk at the end of the day will understand why we need men. It's really painful when she wants to tell you "you know, what happened to me today?" when you also want to tell her, "but wait, guess what happened to me today!" We need men. We do. They are such good (deaf) listeners, it's wonderful.

*****
Diamonds are a girl's best friend. Dogs are a man's best friend. Now, who's the smarter sex?

I think men win this hands down. There simply can not be a comparison no? I have never had a pet-sometimes I wish I did-but even so, I have seen friends with their animals and the love these creatures have for us humans, there's no way a cold stone can replace the warmth of an animal's unconditional love.

A diamond's brilliance might you a high, but at the end of the day when you open that door and there's your pet wagging his tail, waiting to greet you, jumping all over you, licking you, or that cat who not  so clamorously demonstrates her love for you, maybe by quietly sitting next to you, rubbing her body against yours, you know if no one, you're wanted by these. And at the end of the day, you don't need bling and glitter, everyone needs to be feel loved and wanted.


Men got it right this one time.

1 comment:

Prasoon said...

Can't pets be a woman's best friend too? Well, better not - what will men do then - they won't be looked after for women to be married to n that'd be bad.

Funny observation btw. When you get married - invite me over - I'll let him know what he is signing up for :P :)