October 16, 2010

Eryngium...




"Pretty is something you're born with. But beautiful, that's an equal opportunity adjective."

*****
People hate me when they meet me for the first time (and sometimes they continue to do so ever after, well, who's stopping them anyway?). And I realise it's because I am always challenging the world. To prove to me that their worthy enough.


I realise it's mighty arrogant of me to do so. I believe both my respect and love are precious and I certainly am not going to dole it out to any tom, dick or harry.


But all these past months, as I sat there with pieces of me, trying to glue me back, I realised, I wanted them to be nice to me too. Give me another chance. A second chance. A third chance. A fourth even.


I wanted them to understand me. To say, "It's alright. You're okay. I am not going to judge you." To accept me.


I guess I am never going to judge anyone so quickly and as harshly ever again. You really can not know anyone. You really can not know where they are coming from. Why they behave the way they do. Their eccentricities, their fetishes, their interests, their likes, their dislikes, their anger, their love. No, not as quickly. Not so superficially, you can not look and know. You'll never know why they made the decisions they did. Why they made the choices they did. You'll never know what choices they had in front of them. If they had a choice at all.


You'll never know unless you stop judging them.


Give someone another chance today. Maybe to the one you think does not deserve it. Maybe he's the one who really needs it.

6 comments:

Anymouse said...

Nice post! Its totally coming from a 26 year old (almost)

Prasoon said...

Its personal i know but I think I can guess precisely what's going on in your mind that made you pen these lines.

Pretty much the same everyones situation is - maybe just a few are lucky to be in a diff situation but otherwise it's all the same. And only a very few get those second chances - lucky people I say.

Would you believe that if I say that I get sad seeing you in this situation? I'd ask you to move on but I myself know how tough it is. I'm battling a broken friendship and I don't think I can move on but still, like a cliche, I still say it. Its disturbing you as I see - probably steals away smiles at times n otherwise reminds you of happy memories n leaves you sad. It was all worth it back then but worth it today - I doubt. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but I'm sure that is what your best pal says too.

Give life a second chance A. Search happiness elsewhere - am sure you'll find it.

Prasoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teacup said...

@Anymouse, I live to hear you say things like these. Honest. This, your comment is like winning a noble peace prize. I should go celebrate now that some mouse thinks I sound like a 26 year old(almost). Thank you.


@Prasson, Please don't be sad for me. I am perfectly happy and content with life. But, thank you for your kind words and concern.

Prasoon said...

Yashita, how n where does one send the yellow dress?
ps: don't thank me yet - i have done nothing.

teacup said...

@Prasoon, I was, erm, kidding? I really don't want anyone buying me anything.