October 27, 2010

The Bear Who Ate My Cake...

There are somethings you shouldn't change for even loved ones. Like, your morning tea brand.

*****
I wonder if people pause and wonder what they're doing with their lives. I mean, do these people I see in the canteen and in the hallways, happy doing what they're doing? Or they're just working cause it pays well? Are there people amongst those groups who have different dreams but are chained to their jobs now? Either cause getting out of comfort zone is difficult or then maybe cause going for their dreams is risky. I wonder if they were all given a chance, would they go back, pursue their dreams and then take up responsibilities of family and kids.

Last night on KBC, the lady who won 12lakhs, she hated wearing a saree. But she was married now and belonged to a middle class family. A housewife.While husband told her she looked beautiful in a saree and he'd much prefer her in one, her wish was to wear pants. And it's sad that that defined her. An unfulfilled wish.

I wonder how many of us are stifling our dreams like this. Either by coercion or by choice.

I hope we are not defining our lives by our unfulfilled wishes but by our dreams...

*****
I think it would be wonderful if people along with their names told you about their dreams during introductions.

"Hi, my name is hodophile and my dream is to travel all over the world."

I think it'll be so much fun if people told you about their dreams. Instead of their jobs and families.

Wow. I like the idea!

******
I want to help someone make their dream come true. One of those before-you-die things.

No comments: