January 12, 2011

Shaddi Waddi, Hai Rabba!

So the next few posts are going to be dedicated to, you'll be greatly pleased to know, marriage. I am going to just dump my thoughts about marriage, and those of my friends, here. And lets see if I can make some sense out of it all.


So after Munira's wedding, M, this guy friend of ours has taken it upon himself to get me married next. And so we had lengthy discussions. And then H joined in and explained to me how my requirements are not necessities, but frivolous demands, almost luxuries that can never be met. And then it seemed PB's worried about me too. "A needs to find someone as crazy as she is, else...". Ofcourse, Mom's given up on me. Then my pyaari sakhi Munira forced me to register on the likes of shaddi.com. Another friend suggested I become friends with some other friend cause this friend runs a marriage bureau of sorts. You know, extra help? And so it would seem that the whole world wants to get rid of me. Fair enough, I am a pain like that. But I don't understand, why must all of us follow the herd mentality when looking for a spouse? Tall, handsome and rich? Fair, slim and docile?


So when I told my friends the kind of guy I want, much disappointment happened. When I read out the quote that described him perfectly to the T, much fun was made, of me, the quote and of the author. Many laughs at my expense were had. Infact, every time someone new joined our discussion, M would say, "hey did you read this quote?" And then someone would go on and read it out loud, and obviously, no one would get it and everyone would then laugh at how I wanted to marry a snake. So I said chuck the quote, and looking out of the window, I remarked how the sea looked liquid gold with the dipping sun in the background; I was immediately termed crazy. I was then advised, in a very serious manner, how I should be looking for a caring guy and not a poet, someone who would get me water and not someone who would think the water is golden and leave me to die of thirst. No stupid, it's just light reflecting off the water. Why, I never studied physics! :|


And sigh, when that didn't work, AC told me how one should never marry. MG said she would never marry. She knows someone who's 35 and single and hot and happy. And someone else who is also 35, not that hot, but single and happy. Everyone else joined in how marriage didn't make any sense and then told me stories of how everyone they know were getting divorced, young and old, love and arrange marriages both were f**ked.


And so here I am, obviously, pretttty confused. So I thought maybe I should write it down, it helps me. Or then maybe I should just go sleep. See video.



In this case though, I think, I need to do both :|

No comments: