January 30, 2011

Evening...

It was just another Sunday evening. I had woken up from a nap, made myself a cup of tea, compulsively checked, first Gmail, and then Facebook. I was to meet a couple of friends in the evening, and I should be hurrying up, dressing up...but just like always, I was staring out of the window instead. Watching sun-rays bounce off the glass windows, listening to some bird chirping, watching the dried yellow-brown leaves fly away in the breeze...it was just like one those Sunday evenings. But it was different. You were missing from my life.

It was a very sudden thought. I wasn't prepared to entertain it too. I have walked so far away from you, that I'd scarcely recognise you if you were to stand in front of me today.

And I realise, this is the life I chose. When I sat in this same place, a few years ago, I chose this day, this day without you. I made those decisions.

This is how the day looks like. And whatever it is I chose, I must take the consequences. I must suffer the penalties of wrong decisions and I must celebrate the successes of the right ones.

But it did feel like a completely different life. I had changed so much too. 

No comments: