January 11, 2011

RhythmBox...

Okay so I have a problem. The problem is that even at 26 I don't know how to behave with guys who like me but whom I do not like. It's a problem because more often than not they are friends. Friends I like. But then they start showing more than friendly affection and I just get the creeps and I start with my "weird" behaviour. What is my weird behavior? Well, I ignore them, I don't return their calls, I avoid looking at them, I stop hanging out with them, I stop finding them funny, I frown at them when I catch them staring at me, I especially hate it when they act all "nice" to me ( :| ), and if they still don't get the hints, I act rude. And I honestly hate it. And it's worse when he's a good friend and has a girlfriend who likes me and looks upto me. I feel bad cause only one thing happens, they start hating me eventually and I lose out on good guy friends. I don't know how to rebuff their affections in a way such that I don't hurt them and keep them as friends too. I usually make a mess out of the whole thing! 


I remember I once told a friend that I don't like anyone liking me or loving me without my consent. His reaction was pretty normal and expected: WTF. I know! I know! But my problem is that I do not want anyone buying me gifts, treating me "special", worrying after me unless I like him. And definitely not have him act like his my personal servant, irrespective of whether I like him or not. With other guy friends I want to be treated like one of the guys. I don't have problems accepting compliments, I just have a problem accepting it from guys who are firmly in the friends category! :| Oh I am such a nut! And such a weird contradiction! And such a bitch! Why can't I be like other girls and accept all that extra attention? And preen and bat my eyelids and giggle? if not all that, why can't I just graciously accept it and just be okay about it all? Why do I have to act all weird? Arghhh! I don't know what will become of me! I truly do not!

2 comments:

_dirtboy said...

:o Does it mean I'm no longer funny?

on another note, you give your guy-friends too much credit - m sure they cant compute what lies 5mins into their future before they act nice with you

teacup said...

@Abhinav, huh? When did I ever find you funny?

and whatever to your "another note" :|