January 16, 2011

Nine Cats...

What if I had many lives?

I'd be a writer in one life, sitting in the courtyard under the shade of a neem tree, I'd sip sweet tea and pen stories of you and me, of life. I would be a traveller in another. So many wonderful places I would see. Israel, Morocco and Canada. I'd travel to Mexico, Japan and Srilanka and Peru. I'd send you postcards from South Africa and Egypt, Brazil, Turkey, Cambodia and Jordan. And in another life I would be a farmer in Spain, and grow oranges and grapefruits and limes and lemons or even a farmer in Italy, and grow tomatoes and olives and nuts and peaches. In another, I would teach creative writing to the kids in Bhutan and I'd have a small but cozy house on the river bank. I would climb the mountains to touch the clouds often and Tiger's Nest would be my favourite hangout. In another life, I would be a wife of a good man and live in a white picket fence house with rambling roses and bougainvillea and I would pack lunch for my two kids and take the dogs for a walk in the evenings. I would be an artist in another. I would spend my days surrounded by colours and ideas and nights immersed in beauty. In another I would be running a company, sitting in my corner office with a glass view of the NewYork city, I would clinch another deal, another victory. In another, I would run my own beach-side restaurant and during the off season, I would swim in the blue seas and read under the coconut tree(not a good idea). In yet another, I would be a monk in Tibet, and find answers to my many questions. I would be a daddy's girl in another, shopping and eating and partying and coming back home at 4 in the morning and partying again in the evening.

And in each one, I would try to do a little good, to even out all the bad I did in another life.

But I don't have many lives. And so I endeavour to live all those many lives in this one life.

1 comment:

Prasoon said...

Transmorgify me and miniaturize me and take me along in your bag when you live these lives in this one life :D
And please,even if you don't do any of these - one place that you MUST visit is Japan - it will change you and I bet there is one thing that would even bring tears to your eyes. just go there. I did and it was eye opening. And well, you wouldn't need to goto NYC if you visit Tokyo :)