December 13, 2010

Tik-Tok...

I oscillate between hope and despair like...like the way only I can.

*****
And I should totally write a book now-"How not to screw up at 26". I think there will be many takers, no?

*****
Everybody telling me to get married because I am 26 now and time is slipping by, quit it. Cause I am not quitting on my dreams, however irrational they may be.

And if nothing, I can always be the favourite aunt your kids would visit during their summer holidays. I could read to them and tell them all sorts of wonderful stories, and I could bake the best chocolate cake for them and I could teach the girls to garden and knit and play the piano and I could teach the boys how to impress the ladies. See? Your kids will love me.

Erm, alright, maybe not.

*****
There's no place harsher for a woman than women's loo. From the second she enters the loo, till the time she leaves, she is put under the microscope. Right from her hair to the colour of her toenail paint, everything is judged. She has no respite from the overcritical and unrelenting appraisal and the opinions that follow. Nothing is verbally said, not oh-so-loud atleast, but opinions are conveyed none the less.


I don't think two women staring into the same mirror can ever be friends. They'll smile at each other and chat about the latest mascara in the market, but as soon as one turns her back, the other will snigger. Ah, it is a bad bad place to be.


Funny then, that women should spend so much time in the loo.

*****
And I find it funnier that men all the world will miss their breakfast or skip lunch and the woman will find herself forcing him to eat. "You didn't eat lunch?!" *gasp* "You must eat something now! Why can't you ever take care of your health! blah-blah-blah! You always skip your breakfast as well! some more blah-blah-blah". And the guy will simply say, "I didn't feel like eating/I didn't get time, was busy/ I picked up a coke on the way/Stop fussing", and then the woman will get furious and further insist he eat.


Yours truly has done it. Sometimes I cringe and sometimes I feel it's justified. And I find it hypocritical of me that although I, myself, have missed meals several times, on several occasions, the woman in me just can not see anyone else hungry.


But *sigh*, I need to stop mothering. If you don't want to eat, well, stay hungry, let's talk about sex instead.

2 comments:

Sudeep said...

Rather than checking out a girl I find these days better watching other girls checking out the girl in question. Guys also don't stare at a girl to that detail. It is like the other girls are following a checklist in their minds and putting a tick and cross against it.

Will the awesome aunty bake a choclate cake even if parents drop in rather than the kids? I promise I won't say aunty.

teacup said...

Haha, true :) Guys don't see what we see :P And yes ofcourse! Parents will always be welcome too :) And ofcourse you won't say aunty :P