December 23, 2010

Eat Kitsch...

Man, I sound so depressed on this blog! But the truth is, that it's just not the case! Let me tell you about something absolutely cheerful. Today is 23rd December and guess what will happen in 4 days? Yep, I will turn 26 years old! Isn't that wonderful news? For cosmetic companies? Tra-la-la, anti-ageing creams here I come! No no, you must not feel bad for me! I am absolutely not sad about saying goodbye to my youthful chubby cheeks! No, not at all! Like I said, I am extremely excited about blowing off 26 candles! I am absolutely jittery with happiness!

And hopefully if I keep telling myself that another 1000 times, I might even build courage enough to look myself in the mirror. Hopefully. Yes, I feel very cheerful indeed.

*****
That said, I bought a pink tube dress and a multi-coloured (More of a hot pink) strappy number for my birthday and pink and black glittery ballerinas. Much excitement. Also I am regularly exercising these days. So soon I shall sport a flat tummy. And what do you know, I might even get myself a brand new haircut! Aren't birthdays awesome? I know!

Talking about the pink tube dress, remember I went to some club in salwar kameez? There I spotted a girl in a pink tube dress and I loved it and I so wanted it. And I hunted every shop and boutique and every website for that same dress but no luck. And then Munira and I were walking back to the car after a nice lunch and we spot a quaint little boutique and we're are like, "hey this place looks good. Let's check it out". And what do you know? While Munira was cooing over the cute pink ballerinas, ta-da, my eyes fell upon the luscious lime green tube dress and then there was a blue in it and even a red and before someone else could say anything I quickly asked the owner of the shop if she had one in pink! "I want it! It's mine! It's in my destiny! No one can take it from me! You must have it! You have one in lime green, tell me you have it in pink too!", I pleaded. And the gods smiled at me that day. And she had one in pink, neatly tucked in one of the suitcase for she had just got new stock from Hong Kong (or wherevertheymakeclothes.) But can you believe my luck? Yea, like me neither! :)

No comments: