March 01, 2011

Wrinkles...

Dear Friend,

I was very angry with you. But not anymore. I realise, the incidents that happened in the past few months, broke something between us. I never thought I would not feel hurt, or be ok with this loss. But, I guess, it must be the age. The thing is, after I realised we were no more the same, I did not have the energy and you didn't seem to have the time (maybe even the inclination) to repair things between us. I shouldn't be harsh on you. Perhaps, you never realised things between us are broken. But even so, I have in my heart let you go. I don't think about you anymore and what's happening in your life, and I don't find myself angry at you for not including me in your life anymore. At one time I would have called you and been very angry at you for being left out from your life like this. No updates? Don't call me ever again I would have yelled. But I do pray that  wherever you are, you are good and that whatever is happening in your life, it brings you happiness. I had hoped for great things for our friendship. I wanted to be a "forever" friend to you :) It's sad that it will not be so. And maybe one day if we meet, I am sure we shall be happy to see each other again, and we'll have hundred and one questions to ask each other and we'll look at each other fondly and wonder...what happened, all the while knowing what happened. And maybe even, if we don't speak for very long now, we might call each other and ask how we are doing. You have been a good friend to me, even when I did not really deserve your kindness. Thank you. It was really good knowing you.


Much love.

3 comments:

Prasoon said...

not worth losing girl, a friend such as this is not worth losing. and well, the fault is not yours entirely. so.. i'd just hope things get back to how they were as if nothing ever happened - you wake up one morning and you forget this phase of life.

teacup said...

@Prasoon,:) well, yes, this friend is not worth losing. But you know, it's alright. Not all relationships are meant to be forever. One has to move on. There are many more wonderful people in the world :)

Prasoon said...

The only caveat - you move on and the ones you find don't quite live up to the old levels.
Have somehow come to believe that it's not possible to make friends once you're out of the college. You try to extend a hand to find a friend and you find support but not a friend. And in the end you are blissfully alone.