September 27, 2010

Knotty Issues...

This song is pure unadulterated mush.



I think this is one of those perfect honeymoon songs. So perfect infact that it makes me want to get married just so I could wear those awesome sarees, braid my hair, fill maang with sindoor and all that. Nice? Indian women are hot I say. Hotter than any Jolies or Foxes.


And why don't women wear gajra these days? It's one of those Indian womanly things that makes you all...beautiful. Flowers in hair. Lovely, no?


And I don't understand why people go to places like Switzerland and Mauritius, book a nice plush hotel and order champagne and strawberries. I think that's pretty boring. My idea of a perfect honeymoon would be Egypt, or Morocco, Israel or Turkey or Cambodia or Mexico**. Or even a backpacking trip to the interiors and less travelled places in India. I always wonder if couples get bored during a honeymoon***, I mean, really, there's only *that* much sex you're going to have. What then? Honeymoon is supposed to bring you closer, and a big four poster bed is not going to that. How about a tent on the Tibetan Plateau? That should be fun! Or travelling through Sikkim in a rickety bus or even walking through the jungles of South Africa (Okay, maybe you can wear high rubber boots?). Now that's a good business idea there. Someone needs to market these destinations as honeymoon places.


And I need more crazy people around me so that I can say, "Are you crazy?". I can even say that in 7 different ways, really. Maybe you can ask me out for coffee and I could do a little demo for you. But I don't promise.


I think I have started appreciating Indian men. What was I doing all these years? Dreaming about Italians and Brits. You know, only if Indian men weren't such mumma's boys, they'd be perfect! I mean at 64, my Dad still raves about his mother's cooking!


And how beautiful is a relationship between a mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law where both love and appreciate each other? It's difficult, this relationship, but when you get it right, it's one of those rare beautiful  friendships that has the power to brighten even the dullest moments.


I know what you're thinking, but it's the song. I swear. God promise!


Alright I'll go read some man-hating book now. That should cure!



**Someone please gift me a couple of million dollars!
***I could ask Anoop, but I doubt he'll answer.

3 comments:

anoop said...

why did you think I wouldnt answer.
I knew we would get bored so I kept the honeymoon short and the destination (Bali) interesting, which sustained our interest for 4 days.
But then, I was game for a backpacking journey for my honeymoon too - to some remote interior place in india - but that takes lots and lots of understanding in the couple... which takes time...

teacup said...

Anoop, thanks :) and yes, agree, I guess it would work out only if both partners feel the same about travel. Most of us Indians have this bollywood'ish idea of honeymoon...a destination like New Zealand and a five star hotel room with a view of the beach :)

Prasoon said...

Heh :)
Pretty rave suggestions and yes, nice. If Mexico, you could head to Cancun and Acapulco for beaches else, some Mayan sites for the adventure inclined. Lovely option suggested I'd say but it's a pricey travel and a long one. Enough time to know one another during the travel itself :D

The sand dunes in a desert, a night out at the dunes in a tent and the belly dance that Salman chooses was a nice option or no?

You talked of the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law relationship - reminds me of a video i saw. Its a Tamil one and thankfully, has English subtitles. Watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4xViru8_Jo - there is another by the same group - "how to mess up in love..." - watch it too :)