November 10, 2010

Self-involved...

I was always bad with details. Details, details, details! I need to take care of the details.


*****
In other news, kajal has become such an essential part of my life that I just can not step out without first applying kajal to my eyes. But today I did. And I look so incomplete, like something's missing, like I just lost someone. 


*****
I think we get so involved in our own careers and industry, we often become blind to other industries and professions. Like everyone time those sales people call I ask them to come late around 7-8pm. I get free after 6:30pm but I never realised till now that those people also have their own "personal life". Maybe I am just plain insensitive and when I throw tantrums like, "Your company provides terrible service! Why can't your people come at 8 PM?", am sure the guy at the other end must think me a bitch. Which won't be far from the truth. Am sure he had a hard day and at the end of the day, which should be 7 pm for him too, he just wants to go home and spend the remainder of  day with his family. Or has his own personal work. Or needs to take his dogs out for a walk, has friends he wants to hang out with or needs to give time to his girlfriend or wife. And then someone like me demands he come at 8 pm and he doesn't want to lose one customer so he agrees. I think it's important to be aware of the lives of people around us. Those of our maids, the sales people, the janitors, the office boys, the fruit sellers, the autowallas even. Your own watchman. The man who gets your newspaper. 




I am sure we will be a bit more considerate if we knew atleast a little about their work day. I am positive we'd sympathise and possibly come to care too. 

No comments: