February 09, 2011

26 Going On 30...

I am not a list person, I never in my life made a list. Impulsive people don't make lists!:) However, I realise, I have so many thoughts running inside my head, so many things I want to do and learn and know and achieve, it's difficult to keep a tab on everything.

So here's a list: 30 things I want to do before I turn 30.

Some are overlapping, some interlinked, but mostly, all are possible and achievable targets. Let me hang this up on a wall now.


1)Be at peace
2)Stop running, stop hiding, stop waiting, stop looking back(regret), stop hurting
3)Forgive
4)Meet people I would want to be like
5)Understand myself; and then love myself
6)Keep learning; do not stagnate
7)Stop seeking validation
8)Be surrounded by interesting, intelligent people
9)Have more interesting conversations
10)Learn how to write
11)Relearn words and emotions
12)Learn how to argue well
13)Bungee jumping & sky diving
14)Love and be open to love
15)Travel, travel and travel some more
16)Cook more, read more often, paint and make things
17)Have my own house with a garden
18)Have a career that makes me feel happy and fulfilled
19)Be self-sufficient
20)Have a healthy body, mind and heart
21)Understand finance
22)Reach a stage where I am not confused; be sure
23)Learn a new language (mostly French)
24)Learn to be calm; think before speak
25)Have a pet
26)Exercise daily
27)Laugh everyday
28)Stop getting angry; learn to be patient
29)Stop wanting
30)Stop thinking of dying


I reread the list and I realise, it's not about 'things' I want before I turn 30. The things list, I guess, would contain points like, "Own something from Audrey Hepburn's wardrobe". The above list is more of a "state" list. I want to reach a state, where I am happy to be at and hopefully, all those 30 things should help me reach there.

No comments: