May 15, 2011

Chicken Wings and Pig's Feet...

My five top most regrets right now.

1) I wish I could sing. I even recorded my own voice once, and I was confident I mustn't sound THAT bad, ofcourse people were exaggerating and teasing me for fun, but I heard myself sing for 30 seconds and I knew I had many apologies to make.


2) I wish I could write. I want to write, like really write. I want to produce something beautiful, with words. Why? Cause what else is there to living? You need to make something beautiful(and no, babies are not allowed), that'll be the only way you can redeem yourself.


3) I wish I could paint. I know I try my hands at colours at times, and I doodle and stuff, but that's on the same level as a little boy pretending to shave his baby non-hair because he's so fascinated with his dad shaving every morning, and wants to be all manly and cool himself.


4) I wish I could bake. I want to bake. I want to bake. I want to bake. I want to eat cakes and feed people cakes. People who can bake, I kiss your feet. Teach me how to bake now. Thank you.


5) I wish I could stop thinking. No really. It's true. I think too much.

"There were silences in my head. I could abandon myself completely to the pleasure of multiple relationships, to the beauty of the day, to the joys of the day. It was as if a cancer in me had ceased gnawing me. The cancer of introspection."
— Anaïs Nin

How does it feel not to constantly think? Tell me.

Right, and I wish I could not regret at all. I think that is the answer to all my problems. Don't you agree?

2 comments:

Sudeep said...

Your voice actually doesn't sound 'that' bad.

Yesterday night at a karaoke, I was the only one not to sing on the stage while everyone else in the grp went there. I wish I had a good voice coz I knew all the chosen songs by heart :(

teacup said...

@Sudeep, thanks but when have you heard me sing? :P

And one thing I have learnt, always sing at the karaoke :) You'll never know when you'll get another chance :P