June 09, 2012

A Void...

On days like these, nothing happens. I wake up late today, really late into the day, eat yesterday's dinner for lunch and begin watching a movie only to close the laptop five minutes later and nap again. I wake up and make some ginger chai and watch the 5pm sun shine on freshly washed green trees. It's a beautiful evening, but still, it feels like nothing's happening. I read. I realised I haven't read in the longest time. I read about baby carrots and how memories are really not that genuine, I read about the surfer boys in Puri and the poetic Mughal emperor who died in a foreign country. But still, time seems still. I make another pot of chai. I take the longest time to wash my hair today and now my hair smells of the Chinese shampoo. I make another cup of chai and google train schedule between Mumbai and Jammu. Did you know it takes 30 hours to travel from Mumbai to Jammu? I thought it would take a hell lot more. I salivate at all those awesome bags and shoes and dresses online. I don't buy anything, close the broswer and think about what I'd instead be doing right now. Nothing, it still feels like nothing's happening, time just doesn't seem to move. I get up and make dinner. I eat it alone. I read about emerging markets and paper clips. I decide to call it a day.

No comments: