August 30, 2010

The Red Bell...

Was talking to M the other day, about marriage and stuff and he told me, "Make two lists. What you absolutely want in your partner and what you absolutely do not want."

It took me all these years to realize that when it comes to friends, we look for what "perfections" they have. Here  perfections is not one whole state, but little things that we like, can relate to, can understand. They have the attributes that are "perfect" for you, in your mind. But when it comes to a partner, a spouse, a lover, we see not the perfections, but stress more on the imperfections. What are the imperfections I can live with? It is somehow more important that the person I intend to spend the rest of my life has the imperfections I can tolerate, no matter how many other perfections he has.

Even if he has all the qualities in my "Want list", if he has more than 3 qualities from my "Do not want" list, I guess he's gets a strike against his name.


I find this amusing. Either we are really stupid or very smart. I don't know which.

No comments: