August 26, 2010

Family...

I was late for work today and didn't have time for breakfast. So I asked Mom to pack breakfast for me. She couldn't find the tiffin box, and so we had a fight. When I came to office, I opened my breakfast box and I got  all the more pissed. I decided to call her up and tell her how pissed I was. But I didn't. She hadn't melted ghee on the "puranpoli". How was I going to eat solidified ghee?



But atleast she had packed the tiffin, inspite of her aching knees.

*****
I remember the time I was lying unconscious with fever. I had liver infection, typhoid and malaria (Yes, all at the same time). Two days before my Maths 10th board paper. My family doctor told my parents the fever was nothing but just exam anxiety. I have never fallen ill before exams, any exam, due to anxiety. So I took a crocin and went to sleep. And I woke up to see my Mom sitting next to my bed, pressing my feet, praying, sitting there all the time, crying. Had I not woken up, I would have missed my maths paper and failed boards. A good student like me, to miss one crucial year, it was unbearable.

After my exams, when the fever still didn't abate, we consulted another doctor. After examining me he yelled at my Mom. Had we been any more late, I would have probably not survived. It was a miracle that I was still alive. If it weren't for their prayers...who knows?


I loved the message, "How one generation loves...the next generation learns."

No comments: